6921. Tim Curry - Paradise Garage

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/812jnHtk5BL._SX522_.jpg
From: Fearless; Year: 1979; Genre: Glam Rock
Damn, we lost another legend within a day of one another. Tim Curry is an actor and performer that I admire a lot. There are too many roles I loved over the years to list; but suffice it to say: the man was brilliant at his trade.
Ever since 2012 he's been wheelchair bound due to a severe stroke and a variety of other maladies since, so it is probably a nice release for the suffering acting legend. He will be really missed even with his extensive film, stage, musical, and other endeavours he had worked on.
Anyway, some might not have known that Tim Curry had an actual recording career outside of the film and stage musicals that he performed on. I believe he recorded a total of three records from 1978 to 1981 with Fearless being the one in the middle. This was one of the singles from it; I am not too sure of the overall success of the record and this track, but from wot I've read he did score his best single from this album, although it was not this song in particular. Also, the vast majority of the material was original and most of those Tim Curry had writing credit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 7 years ago today: Primus - Mr. Krinkle

My song pick 8 years ago today: Queen - Friends Will Be Friends

My song pick 9 years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 361/370a - Serenade no. 10 for winds in B-flat major, "Gran Partita"

My song pick 10 years ago today: Pat Benatar - You Better Run

My song pick 11 years ago today: Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rush - Halo Effect

My song pick 13 years ago today: Clifford Brown and Max Roach - Stompin' at the Savoy

My song pick 14 years ago today: Franz Liszt - S.244/2 - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

My song pick 15 years ago today: Modest Petrovitch Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

My song pick 16 years ago today: Unheilig - Schutzengel

My song pick 17 year ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Chromatic Fantasy

My song pick 18 years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day/Reach for the Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alphabetic List "N"

Song Picks By Genre:

Alphabetic List "Q"

Alphabetic List "U"

Theme Picks

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

Alphabetic List "K"