918 ( Black Sabbath - War Pigs )

918 ( Black Sabbath - War Pigs )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

For some reason last night after a stressful day this song started playing through my mind and would not stop. On my way to 1000 songs chosen so far I noticed that I had not picked a proper Black Sabbath song as of yet; this morning that will be remedied. This anthem is one of my favourite antiwar songs; only Ozzy and co. could so eloquently describe such things with such vivid symbolism.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '70 on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - One Of These Days
My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rare and Precious Chain

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)