904 ( Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelly (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away) )

904 ( Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away) )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zMFwJ42OL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Yesterday I picked up a copy of the game Bioshock 2 and was pleasantly surprised that it was loaded with a lot of excellent music that I normally listen to. One artist featured on a few of the tracks was Django Reinhardt and company. I immediately recognized his guitar and Stephane Grappelli's distinct violin playing style without even seeing that he was on the soundtrack. After going through the game last night and listening to his music off and on, I figured that I should choose one of his songs.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing
My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn