919 ( Freddie Taylor and His Swing Men from Harlem - Viper's Dream )

919 ( Freddie Taylor and His Swing Men from Harlem - Viper's Dream )

I have been meaning to add something from Freddie Taylor for quite a long time now. For a time he and his big band have been one of my main focuses in Jazz music ever since I heard him as part of the accompaniment on other artists' songs.
Apparently he made his way to the Paris Jazz scene as part of the Lucky Millinder Orchestra; he stayed and formed his own band. From what I have read the band consisted of: himself, Oscar Alemán, William Diemer, Charlie Johnson, Eugène d’Hellemmes, and Arthur Lanier.
This is one of the major recordings that the group had; I love how the song was constructed and how they utilized the brass especially.

Here is a recording on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Pow
My song pick two years ago today: Ricky Nelson - Garden Party

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn