909 ( Bobby Bare - The Winner )

909 ( Bobby Bare - The Winner )
I had not heard this song in a rather long time, so I finally decided looked it up on YouTube, and sure enough it was there. Anyway, it is another Country/Blues tune that uses talksinging to tell a story. This is a rather funny one about a man challenging a perpetual winner to a barfight and "the winner" informing the other man about everything that goes with being "the winner."

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Pearl Jam - Even Flow
My song pick two years ago today: Bon Jovi - It's My Life

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn