1004 Foreigner - Starrider

1004 Foreigner - Starrider
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Foreigner_debut.jpg

I had not heard this song in well over 10 years, last night whilst playing some video games for no reason it started playing in my mind; after that I knew I had my pick for the day.
This one could be considered a Space Rock track of sorts due to the subject matter/lyrical content. However, the way it was arranged makes it a very accessible track to most anyone; there is a definite Pink Floyd sound to this track mixed in. I love songs like this where you can get lost in thought listening to them.
Anyway, I used to listen to Foreigner a lot, but for some reason their music has ebbed in the rotation. However, my affinity for their music has not waned at all; I love hearing them when they come of the radio.
For me their debut album, which this song comes off of, has always been my favourite out of their catalogue; I can usually play the record without skipping any songs. For me it seems as if their is a correlation with each consecutive release and how much I like the album; the newer the album the less I seemed to like it. Not that any of them are bad in my opinion; there are a few songs that I like, but just less on each newer album.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Who - The Real Me
My song pick two years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn