1001 Dio - Killing the Dragon

1001 Dio - Killing the Dragon
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/DioKillingTheDragon.jpg

Yesterday I learned that Ronnie James Dio passed away at the age of 67; apparently he lost his battle with stomach cancer; my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones.
I figured that I should pick one of his songs today; this one is the title track off of his '02 release Killing the Dragon, which is one of my favourites from his discography. Some amazing straight-ahead Metal with awesome lyrics filled with symbolism.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: ABBA - Me and I
My song pick two years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade