996 The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider

996 The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight Rider
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Idlewild_South_cover.jpg

The other day I heard this one playing on the radio and I knew I had a song pick; an amazing song from a legendary band.
Anyway, this Gregg Allman and Robert Payne composition is definitely a classic, it has been covered many times over the years; Gregg Allman also re-recorded and re-arranged it for his '73 solo album Laid Back.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is Gregg Allman's solo version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Ian Anderson - Made In England
My song pick two years ago today: Mel McDaniel - Louisiana Saturday Night

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade