1000 Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Daahoud

1000 Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Daahoud
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/07/CliffordBrownMaxRoach.jpg

Made it to my 1000th song pick! I was thinking about a good song for this post, I couldn't think of a better tune than this piece of Hard Bop Jazz from the incomparable Clifford Brown and Max Roach. For those trying to pronounce the song's title, I believe that Daahoud is pronounced Da-How-D.
As I have said before, Hard Bop Jazz is one of my favourite forms of Jazz; this is a fine example of the sub-genre. It still amazes me just how much Clifford Brown accomplished in just the few years before his tragic death at the age of 25.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a live recording on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Engel
My song pick two years ago today: Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn