1300 Stevie Wonder - Superstition

1300 Stevie Wonder - Superstition
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Talking_Book.jpg
From; Talking Book, Year: 1972
This is day five of my week picking songs from dormant or dead song a day blogs; this one comes from Pat's Queasy Listening/Song of the Day blog. Every now and then I do a "Funky Friday" pick, (picking songs from the Funk or related genre on Fridays), which I borrowed from Max; originally Max got the idea from Pat. Anyway, I figured it would be fitting to make one of his "Funky Friday" picks my Friday pick on this theme week; he picked this song on the 27th of March, 2009.

Hear Superstition on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze

My song pick two years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Fire On High

My song pick three years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - It's The Sun

+

Comments

  1. It's true - Pat invented the Funky Friday.

    Was racking the brain trying to come up with a really long funk tune to put up today, until I remembered that not only did a Songfight denizen do one, but Pat and I recorded our own version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had another tune in mind off of his blog, but then I figured what better way to do a shout out to him and his blog than visit one of his "Funky Friday" picks on the Friday of my theme week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade