1299 Steve Vai - Little Green Men

1299 Steve Vai - Little Green Men
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/Steve_Vai_-_Flex-Able_%28Original%29.jpg

This is day four of my theme week of picking songs from dormant or dead song a day blogs. This song comes from one of my favourite song a day blogs that I follow: Woordenaar's song blog, which is titled: "Altijd weer hetzelfde liedje." By no means do I consider Woordenaar's blog a dead one, but goes through periods of dormancy. The last pick he made was the 14th of September of last year, and I'm definitely hoping for more posts soon. Anyway, there were quite a few songs in his archive that I would like to pick, however today this Steve Vai song, which Woordenaar picked at #309, seemed excellent for the day as well.
This is one of Steve Vai's songs that oozes of Frank Zappa's influence on him; the lyrics are pure genius and are well arranged with the music. There is so much I love about this track.

Hear Little Green Men on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Fairport Convention - Maddy Groves

My song pick two years ago today: Billy Joel - Allentown

My song pick three years ago today: Meg Rock - Clover

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade