1304 The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five

1304 The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
From: Time Out, Year: 1959
Yesterday I found out that Dave Brubeck Quartet drummer Joe Morello passed away and I figured it would be a good time to add one of their tracks to my list; this is probably one of the most popular tracks which he played on. This album: Time Out is mostly known for the songs with odd time signatures, which gave it a lot of distinction; this song in particular employs a 5/4 time signature.
While I've never been a huge fan of Cool Jazz, I've always had an appreciation for Dave Brubeck's work, which this is a shining example of.

Hear Take Five on YouTube.
Watch a television performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh

My song pick two years ago today: Damn Yankees - Coming of Age

My song pick three years ago today: Bread - Mother Freedom

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)