1210 Ugly Kid Joe - Mr. Recordman

1210 Ugly Kid Joe - Mr. Recordman

I haven't had this band on my mind in a long, long time; I kind of lost track of them sometime back in the mid 1990s. I decided to look up what happened to them; I found out that they broke up in about '97 after releasing three albums. I knew about the first two albums, but missed out on the third. From what I understand they have supposedly gotten back together just recently, so mayhap we'll have some new material?
Anyway, I've always liked how their music was edgy and at the same time light-hearted and just pure fun. This was one of the tracks off their debut album that I liked quite a bit, it is one of their softer pieces having to do with the relationship between band and a record executive. Musically this song is mostly driven by a catchy and well-defined chord progression/melody.

Hear Mr. Recordman on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins & Jerry Reed - Something

My song pick two years ago today: Buddy Holly & the Crickets - Well... All Right

My song pick three years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

+

Comments

  1. Bassist Cordell Crockett was a classmate of both of my siblings at Salinas High School in the early 80s.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade