2245 Jethro Tull - Cheap Day Return

From: Aqualung; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock
I've been wracking my brain this morning for a song, but I'm drawing a blank. So, I am picking this short one-and-a-half minute tracks from one of my favourite bands. This is another one of those songs that is rather light musically, but heavy lyrically. From what I understand it was autobiographical about a trip Ian Anderson took to the hospital to visit his ailing father.

Hear Cheap Day Return on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Soundgarden - Black Rain

My song pick two years ago today: Chickenfoot - Lighten Up

My song pick three years ago today: Aerosmith - Dream On

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - One Little Victory

My song pick five years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Fortunate Son

My song pick six years ago today: Franz Schubert - Op. 1 - Der Erlkönig "The ErlKing"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6963. Lita Ford - Betrayal

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure