4045. Jethro Tull - North Sea Oil

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/611i3mHXg8L.jpg
From: Stormwatch; Year: 1979; Genre: Progressive Rock
Had Jethro Tull's North Sea Oil on my mind this morning for some reason, and since I like the song and it's from one of my absolute favourite bands, I thought I should pick it.
One aspect of this song that I especially love is how they use an uncommon time signature, 5/4, throughout it and you wouldn't really notice it without paying close attention.

Hear North Sea Oil on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Lakeside - Taboo

My song pick two years ago today: The Flying Burrito Brothers - Sweet Desert Childhood

My song pick three years ago today: Cream - Sunshine of Your Love

My song pick four years ago today: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

My song pick five years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Lady Picture Show

My song pick six years ago today: Ludwid van Beethoven - Op.125 - Symphony No.9 in D-Minor

My song pick seven years ago today: Stormwarrior - Heading Northe

My song pick eight years ago today: Cab Calloway - The Jumpin' Jive (Hep-Hep!)

My song pick nine years ago today: The Police - Synchronicity II

My song pick ten years ago today: Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In