4065. Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51vQmRuJ57L.jpg
From: Nashville Skyline; Year: 1969; Genre: Folk Rock
I might bring down the hammer on myself for saying this, but vocally this is one of my favourite Dylan song; I just love that lower, more controlled delivery.
Anyway, besides the vocals this is a truly beautiful song all the way around. That pedal steel guitar, the vocals, the bass, the drums, etc... all are more or less perfect for the song.

Hear Lay Lady Lay on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: ZZ Top - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide

My song pick two years ago today: Spooky Tooth - Better By You, Better By Me

My song pick three years ago today: Hawklords (Hawkwind) - (Only) The Dead Dreams of the Cold War Kid

My song pick four years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Big Time

My song pick five years ago today: A-ha - Take On Me

My song pick six years ago today: Return to Forever - Excerpt from the First Movement of Heavy Metal

My song pick seven years ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Billboard Song

My song pick eight years ago today: Thursday - I1100

My song pick nine years ago today: Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

My song pick ten years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In