4606. Rush - Heresy

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/914sVPQbjZL._SX522_.jpg
From: Roll the Bones; Year: 1991; Genre: Progressive Rock
There's something about the sound of this period in Rush's work that speaks to me; it probably has to do with hearing such sounds in my early teenage years.
Anyway, this is quite a deep song lyrically about the changing political and social climates of the late 80s/early 90s and how it affected people who spent their lives in the horrible conditions on the other side of the Iron Curtain. "All those precious wasted years. Who will pay?"

Hear Heresy on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Sister Sledge - Do the Funk Do

My song pick 2 years ago today: The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

My song pick 3 years ago today: The Guess Who - Share the Land

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine

My song pick 5 years ago today: Fates Warning - Pale Fire

My song pick 6 years ago today: Blue Cheer - Parchment Farm

My song pick 7 years ago today: Yes - Gates of Delirium

My song pick 8 years ago today: Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

My song pick 9 years ago today: ABBA - S.O.S.

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bobby Bare - The Winner

My song pick 11 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Even Flow

My song pick 12 years ago today: Bon Jovi - It's My Life


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In