5965. Dolly Parton - Mule Skinner Blues (Blue Yodel No. 8)

From: The Best of Dolly Parton; Year: 1970; Genre: Country/Folk/Blues
Speaking of artists that I grew up hearing a great deal, Dolly Parton would have to be at the top of that list; my mom was and is a huge fan of her and her music. Even back then I marveled at her vocal prowess, especially on this track. It is a famed bluesy country standard originally written and recorded by Jimmy Rodgers back in the early 1930s and apparently had lyrics added by George Vaughn Horton decades later when Bill Monroe re-recorded his version. It has been covered and made a hit a multitude of times, but Dolly Parton's rendition is by far the one that comes to mind when I think of it and I do believe that her's is most likely the biggest hit among them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Rush - Territories

My song pick 6 years ago today: Charley Pride - Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'

My song pick 7 years ago today: Matthews' Southern Comfort - Woodstock

My song pick 8 years ago today: King Crimson - Lament

My song pick 9 years ago today: Steve Vai - The Boy From Seattle

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Bourée

My song pick 11 years ago today: Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra

My song pick 12 years ago today: 30 Seconds to Mars - Year Zero

My song pick 13 years ago today: Don Williams - If Hollywood Don't Need You

My song pick 14 years ago today: Cream - Strange Brew

My song pick 15 years ago today: A-ha - The Living Daylights

My song pick 16 years ago today: Procol Harum - Conquistador 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In