5982. Coven - Black Sabbath

From: Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls; Year: 1969; Genre: Hard Rock/Psychedelic Rock
I guess since today is Halloween I should probably get with the program and pick something appropriate.
Coven is one of the earliest bands to embrace the dark, "satanic" lyrics and imagery that would define much of the hard rock/metal genres ever since; still it is rather interesting to think that their most noted and biggest hit song was One Tin Soldier, which was quite different from their style.
Anyway, Black Sabbath is the first track from their debut album and actually was released a year prior to the debut album and song of the same title by the band Black Sabbath. As always, for me, Jinx Dawson's powerful vocals are the main draw, but the music is also quite good to boot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Concrete Blonde - Darkening of the Light

My song pick 6 years ago today: Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

My song pick 7 years ago today: Misterio - Stinking Zombies

My song pick 8 years ago today: Helloween - Halloween

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Dracula Parts 1 & 2

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt Kickers - The Monster Mash

My song pick 11 years ago today: Kreeps - Dead Men Walking

My song pick 12 years ago today: Dick Dale - Riders In the Sky

My song pick 13 years ago today: Andrew Gold - Spooky, Scary Skeletons

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Mein Teil

My song pick 15 years ago today: Rush - Witch Hunt

My song pick 16 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Witches Promise
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In