1152 Don Williams - If Hollywood Don't Need You

1152 Don Williams - If Hollywood Don't Need You
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61-6oVklceL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
For some reason last night this song kept running through my mind, in all actuality this track is one of the songs that is always just below the surface and doesn't take a lot to trigger it in my mind. This is probably due to my mom playing Don William's Yellow Moon album quite a lot whilst I was growing up; it has to be one of her favourite albums. Although, she played a lot of other records as well. It seems as if I have always been surrounded by music of all kinds throughout my life; probably the reason why my tastes are somewhat eclectic.
Anyway, this is quite a pretty song both musically and lyrically; it is written as one side of a telephone call to a lover who has gone off to in search of her dreams.

Hear If Hollywood Don't Need You on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cream - Strange Brew

My song pick two years ago today: A-ha - The Living Daylights

My Song pick three years ago today: Procol Harum - Conquistador

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn