5973-74. John Denver - Fire and Rain/The Box

From: Poems, Prayers & Promises; Year: 1971; Genre: Folk Rock
I have been returning to this profound record a lot as of late; just need the non-jaded outlook toward wot is great about the world and that it's still worth saving from the late-great John Denver. Poems, Prayers & Promises is probably if not the most, right up there with his albums where his outlook had not been yet sullied and his spirit not yet battered by the same world he so wished to save.
I decided to go with a double pick today with the two tracks that close it out; the first being a cover of one of James Taylor's signature songs: Fire and Rain, and the second being a poem originally written and performed by Kendrew Lascelles. The one-two punch of both of these tracks are absolute perfection for closing out the record.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Away From Home

My song pick 6 years ago today: King Crimson - The Night Watch

My song pick 7 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Trains

My song pick 8 years ago today: Three Dog Night - Feelin' Alright

My song pick 9 years ago today: Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Like a Rock

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Coasters- Poison Ivy

My song pick 11 years ago today: Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Earthling Parade

My song pick 12 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Kings of Sleep

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Lovely on the Water

My song pick 14 years ago today: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Just a Song Before I Go

My song pick 15 years ago today: Robert Mitchum - Ballad of Thunder Road

My song pick 16 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Harvest Moon
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In