743 ( Elmore James - The Sky is Crying )

743 ( Elmore James - The Sky is Crying )










Woke up to beautiful rain coming down this morning and this often-covered 12-bar blues just started running through my mind. This is the original version of this blues and the authorship of the song is attributed to Elmore James as well.
There are a lot of covers of this song that come to my mind as well, but there is something about the old blues sound that fit my mood today. I love his slide guitar playing, very beautiful.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Allman Brothers - Jessica
My song pick two years ago today: Megadeth - Foreclosure of a Dream

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade