Song 374 ( The Allman Brothers - Jessica )



For my fifth pick, I chose the Allman Brothers' song Blue Sky. Today I have decided on a song that is one of their biggest hits: Jessica. This instrumental features Richard "Dickey" Betts' guitar playing as the main aspect. The keyboard work by Gregg Allman and Chuck Leavell is quite excellent and keeps the repetitiveness down. This song is considered to be a one of the best driving songs; I can say with some certainty that it does cause my right foot to get a little heavy whilst it is played.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade