765 ( The Beatles - Penny Lane )

765 ( The Beatles - Penny Lane )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/TheBeatlesMagicalMysteryTouralbumcover.jpg

Another early morning pick, back pain induced insomnia FTW yet again!
Anyway, I figured that I should choose another one of my top favorites in this Beatles week for my list. For me David Mason's piccolo trumpet in this song has been one of the main draws; Paul McCartney was actually inspired to add the piccolo trumpet to this song after seeing David Mason play the trumpet in a performance of Johann Sebastian Bach's 2nd Brandenburg Concerto.

Here is a music video on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Green River
My song pick two years ago today: Rush - A Passage To Bangkok

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn