872 ( Puhdys - Geh Dem Wind Nicht Aus Dem Wege )

872 ( Puhdys - Geh Dem Wind Nicht Aus Dem Wege )
After yesterday's pick of Karussell's Schattenkreuze I could not get away from listening to Classic German Rock. Puhdys was my "gateway" band into what I refer to as Classic German Rock music. From going through their discography and such I learned of many other excellent bands. They where one of the older bands that came out of Germany whose music can actually be heard here in The States, albeit mostly for those who are looking for their music.
Anyway, this was another one of those songs that I immediately liked when I heard it. It was interesting to hear a song that was acid/psychedelic rock mixed with punk and progressive rock influences, and to think this band was from behind the Iron Curtain!

Hear the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Journey - Lights
My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Anthem

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade