890 ( John Lennon - How Do You Sleep? )

890 ( John Lennon - How Do You Sleep? )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/69/ImagineCover.jpg

I have been listening to some of the music off of John Lennon's Imagine over the last couple or so days, I figured that I should add a track for my pick today. This bluesy track has been one of the main ones that has kept running through my mind.
From what I have read John Lennon wrote this "poison pen" song in response to Paul McCartney writing a "poison pen" song supposedly about him: Too Many People, which can be found here on YouTube. Anyway, that minutia aside this is very nice track; if a couple of superstars what to air their dirty laundry so be it, at least we, the fans, get some music out of the deal.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a clip from the "Imagine" film concerning this song on YouTube.
There are many different versions and recordings of this song available on YouTube as well.


My song pick a year ago today: The Who - Getting in Tune
My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Beastie

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade