992 ( Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls )

992 ( Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/15/PetShopBoysPlease.jpg

This classic '80s synth-pop tune has been running through my mind most of the day so far; I took it as a sign it needed to be added. From what I understand the lyrics of the song were inspired by T.S. Eliot's poem The Waste Land. While the overall synth sound of the track dates it a bit, I still like it quite a lot.
Here is a little piece of trivia for you: British actor David Tennant of Doctor Who fame (the 10th Doctor), whose real name is David MacDonald took his stage name of "Tennant" from Pet Shop Boy Neil Tennant; apparently he's a big fan of the group.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is their Top of the Pops performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Band of Horses - Our Swords
My song pick two years ago today: Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade