1261 The Allman Brothers Band - Little Martha

1261 The Allman Brothers Band - Little Martha

I've felt like listening to some Allman Brothers' music this morning; after this nice acoustic piece came on I've kept replaying it quite a bit. This song is an instrumental duet with the band's two acclaimed guitarists: Duane Allman and Richard "Dicky" Betts; truly a beautiful piece of music. Apparently the namesake of this song came from a tombstone of a young girl they happened upon in the Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon, Georgia, which is also the final resting place for Duane Allman and bassist Berry Oakley.

A few live performances and covers can be found on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steve Vai - #?@! Yourself

My song pick two years ago today: The Who - I'm Free

My song pick three years ago today: The Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade