1250 Stuart Hamm - Count Zero

1250 Stuart Hamm - Count Zero
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Stuart_Hamm_Kings_of_Sleep.jpg

I've been having some off days this week due to having a head cold, so I've been somewhat erratic with my picks.
Well, today I decided on plugging in some music by the bass maestro Stu Hamm. What I have always loved about his music and his subject matter is that he takes some of his inspiration from some of my favourite Sci-Fi authors/novels. Most of the material on his Kings of Sleep album was inspired by novels written by William Gibson, who is one of my favourite authors from way back. The title of this track is directly taken from the book Count Zero, which was the second novel in the Sprawl Trilogy. Of course I highly recommend the books in that trilogy if you are into Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, or Post-Modern. Anyway, enough "geeking out."
This track is a rather nice instrumental, while being technical to beat hell, it's actually quite listenable to even a casual listener.

Hear Count Zero on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Louis Armstrong - La Vie en Rose

My song pick two years ago today: The Thermals - No Culture Icons

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crossfire

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade