1450 Rush - Afterimage

1450 Rush - Afterimage
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rEE6G1QCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Grace Under Pressure, Year: 1984
Genre: Progressive Rock

Ugh, bringing another Saturday to a close; this one went by far too quickly.
Anyway, this track popped on my iPod at some point today and I thought it would make an excellent choice. While many other fans of the band seem to despise it, p/g is still one of my favourite Rush albums. This track embodies a lot of what I like about their music: awesome musicianship, deep and interesting lyrics, and the use of neat rhythmic devices.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '84 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice - The Last Supper (From Jesus Christ Superstar)

My song pick two years ago today: Megadeth - Sleepwalker

My song pick three years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - The Whipping Post

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade