1474 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Yours Truly, 2095

1474 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Yours Truly, 2095
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EkAOpJXlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Time, Year: 1981
Genre: Progressive Rock/Electronic

I was thinking about this album, which is my favourite from ELO, again this morning. The first time I played the first three tracks on this rock opera I was hooked on every aspect of it. I absolutely love the awesome music and its arrangements throughout the album; I especially love the time travel subject matter. Even though the entire album tells a story, each track holds its own by itself and the listener does not get lost.
Anyway, this is song is about the man who was abducted from the year 1981 and taken to the year 2095 sending a message to his girlfriend in the past. He mostly tells her about life in the future and his robot companion who look a lot like her. May be a bit too nerdy for most, but I love it!

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is an awesome anime music video with Prologue, Twilight, and Yours Truly, 2095 set to the anime Metropolis on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stahlhammer - Herz Aus Stahl

My song pick two years ago today: America - Sister Golden Hair

My song pick three years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn