1445 U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name

1445 U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WTCVlhZqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Joshua Tree, Year: 1987
Genre: Rock

Over the weekend the cable television channel VH1 Classic has been celebrating the 30th anniversary of MTV. I find it kind of odd that they would be celebrating it on VH1 Classic instead of, I don't know, MTV? I guess that they would rather run marathons of their normal crap that has nothing to do with music on there instead; it begs the question as to why they still call it "Music Television" when there is hardly anything musical about it. I don't think that I have actually tuned into MTV in well over 10 years now and I wouldn't have it except for the fact that it's a basic cable channel. Since they've been doing this 30th anniversary thing it's been a crap shoot every time you tune into VH1 Classic that something good is going to be on.
Anyway, I'm picking a song here eh? Yesterday I happened upon a classic U2 concert from the mid eighties and it got me into a mood for their music. So, I'm picking one of their songs that is a favourite of mine today.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Uriah Heep - Wizard

My song pick two years ago today: Queen - Bicycle Race

My song pick three years ago today: The Doors - Love Me Two Times

+

Comments

  1. VH1 Classic is tremendous. It's one of the few channels I truly miss by not having cable/satellite. (I pay $0 for TV, only taking what I can get over the air)

    If I had my way, VH1-C would be renamed "MTV", and MTV and VH1 would be renamed "Viacom Reality 1" and "Viacom Reality 2." Hey, at least when Fox created the Fox Reality channel, they were honest about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically the only "music" channels I watch are VH1C, Palladia, Ovation, and a couple others. Even at that, most of those are being invaded by the "reality television" infestation. I would really like to know who actually watches the crap of MTV today, it's certainly not me. I guess they must be making money with it or they wouldn't be doing it.
    I totally agree with your renaming strategy, that would certainly make more sense.
    I've been actually thinking about getting rid of paid television as well, but we are still under contract.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade