1454 Jethro Tull - Dun Ringill

1454 Jethro Tull - Dun Ringill
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51F-Ez54lWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Stormwatch, Year: 1979
Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock

Off and on over the last few day I've had this tune running through my mind; I had no song particularly in mind, so I'm making it my pick.
This is one of the songs that is a favourite among many 'Tull fans; it's a rather mellow acoustic track with a lot of traditional Folk influence. This is one of the two tracks on the album where television weatherman Francis Wilson appears; he performs the spoken word section at the beginning of the song.
Dun Ringill is actually an ancient historical site on the Isle of Skye, Scotland nearby where Ian Anderson used to live.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Watch the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live medley of songs from the Stormwatch album circa '80 on YouTube. Dun Ringill starts at the 7:00 mark.



My song pick a year ago today: Ian Anderson - Fly By Night

My song pick two years ago today: The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Mutter

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)