1644 Stratovarius - Wings of Tomorrow

1644 Stratovarius - Wings of Tomorrow
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MBH3HC87L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Dreamspace, Year: 1994
Genre: Power Metal/Progressive Metal

Coincidentally today's pick number, 1644, is also the birth year of the famous master luthier Antonio Stradivari, who is probably better known by the Latinized version of his name: Stradivarius, which is also how people refer to the instruments he created.
I was going to choose a violin piece for today, but I happened to remember this aptly named Finnish Metal band that derived their name from the master instrument maker; I thought this song from the band would make an excellent pick for today anyway. They are yet another band that I thought for sure I had picked at some time, but hadn't.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Serpentine Fire

My song pick two years ago today: Manuel de Falla - Danza Del Terror (Dance of Terror)

My song pick three years ago today: Dire Straits - Lady Writer

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Zerstören

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade