1657 Cybotron - Arrakis

1657 Cybotron - Arrakis
From: Cybotron, Year: 1976
Genre: Progressive Rock/Electronic Rock

I discovered this Australian experimental prog/rock band with heavy German electronic rock influence the other day and was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. However, I have to admit, I probably wouldn't have listened to it if wasn't for the interesting album artwork, (70s Progressive Rock bands have always had the most awesome artwork), but I'm certainly glad that I did.
Finding the particulars about this band has been slightly difficult due to there being another American Techno band that goes by the same name; they formed roughly five years after this band was, which was about the time they'd broken up. You can find out more about the original Cybotron here on Prog Archives.
They're very much a band that you wouldn't want to play in mixed company; I already know what I'd hear from other people: "What the Hell is this! You can't dance to it!" Yeah, that's probably true; I mean you could try to dance to it, but you'd risk injuring yourself.
Anyway, for the most part this music is excellent to put on in the background whilst you're working. I believe that this song's title is a reference to the planet in the novel Dune written by Frank Herbert; the Sci-Fi sound of the song fits quite well. It sounds very similar to what you'd expect to hear as part of a Science Fiction film's score with heavy synth and odd electronic sounds.

Hear Arrakis on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Entre Nous

My song pick two years ago today: Black Sabbath - War Pigs

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - One Of These Days

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rare and Precious Chain

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn