1958 Miles Davis - Straight, No Chaser

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51r%2B%2B6WPpnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Milestones; Year: 1958; Genre:Modal  Jazz
Here's a nice one that was recorded and released in 1958, which is also today's song pick number. This is Miles' cover of a Thelonious Monk tune that features both legendary saxophonists Cannonball Adderley and John Coltrane.

Hear Straight, No Chaser on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Triumph - Hold On

My song pick two years ago today: Jack Black and Jason Segel - The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth

My song pick three years ago today: John Denver - Poems, Prayers and Promises

My song pick four years ago today: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Marrakesh Express

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - We Used To Know


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade