1972 Paul Simon - Mother and Child Reunion

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41x7-tqlHoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Paul Simon; Year: 1972; Genre: Pop/Rock/Reggae
I'm continuing my theme of picking songs that were released the year that coincides with my song pick number. Well, today's pick number happens to be 1972, which was also the year Paul Simon released his first solo record sans Art Garfunkel and happened to contain this song.
For some reason I've always loved this song, I don't know if it's the reggae influenced music, the songwriting, the sentimental lyrics, or a combination thereof, but I've always liked it.

Hear Mother and Child Reunion on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Maurice Ravel - M.81 - Boléro

My song pick two years ago today: Megaherz - Schizophren

My song pick three years ago today: Genesis - Turn It On Again

My song pick four years ago today: Miles Davis - Walkin'

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cold Wind To Valhalla


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. That's a pretty kick-ass instrumental; it reminds me a lot of Rush's "YYZ."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn