1600 Maurice Ravel - M.81 - Boléro

1600 Maurice Ravel - M.81 - Boléro
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Maurice_Ravel_1912.jpg
M. 81, Year: 1928
Genre: classical/Orchestral

Well, I've made to 1600. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to pick something fitting for this post or not being as it is so close to the New Year and all, but I happened to have this lovely piece of music on my mind and it seemed like a good choice.
This is yet another one of those classical pieces of music where you'll get that "I know that tune" feeling immediately upon hearing it; it has permeated popular culture quite a bit over the years. I absolutely love the percussion and brass throughout the piece; it's such a rousing tune.
Even though Ravel himself supposedly hated this piece it became his most famous and best remembered.

Hear Boléro on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Megaherz - Schizophren

My song pick two years ago today: Genesis - Turn It On Again

My song pick three years ago today: Miles Davis - Walkin'

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cold Wind To Valhalla

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade