2016 Neil Young - Four Strong Winds

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/79/f1/21ae225b9da0508410be7110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Comes a Time; Year: 1978; Genre: Folk
About a month ago the owner of the One Sweet Song blog brought it to a close. While recent posts have been few and far between, it is still sad to see another song a day blog go silent; so many have and it was one of the more intricately designed and informative I had seen.
It's interesting that another blog would go silent at the point I reached my 2000th pick; with the way things have been lately I haven't had the time to think much about how long I've been at this. I really don't know how long I will keep this blog going, but as long as I am having fun and I have my handful of regular visitors and, of course, the multitude of Google and Microsoft bots, (God bless their traffic), to come around I'll probably keep going.
Anyway, I figured it would be fitting to pick the "tombstone pick," as it is, of the One Sweet Song blog today. While I had heard many versions of this song, I hadn't heard Neil Young's version before this; I have to say he did this rather emotional and melancholy tune good.

Hear Neil Young's version of Four Strong Winds on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Jump Start

My song pick two years ago today: Chet Atkins - Trambone

My song pick three years ago today: John Denver - Wildflowers in a Mason Jar

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Spieluhr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)