2006 Rhapsody of Fire - The Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GVYJJM44L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Triumph or Agony; Year: 2006; Genre: Power Metal/Symphonic Metal
2006, (which is also today's pick number), was another year that contains a lot of good music; I had a real hard time picking just one song. However, I noticed that I have only picked one other song from this great Italian metal band, so I decided on picking one off of their '06 release Triumph or Agony.
Some bands whose music is progressive in nature make concept albums, however, Rhapsody of Fire take it to levels well beyond that. Their narratives span multiple albums Triumph or Agony is part of the second of their epic tales called "The Dark Secret Saga," which spans five albums.
Their music throughout this song is all over the place, going from folkish metal to straight-up or progressive metal to even sections where there is no music and only character actors speaking lines. To say the least it's an interesting track.
This song is broken up into five pieces: I. A New Saga Begins, II. Through the Portraits of Agony, III. The Black Order, IV. Nekron's Blood Rhymes, and V. Escape from Horror.

Hear the full 16+ minute recording of The Mystic Prophecy of the Demonknight on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Xanadu

My song pick three years ago today: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

My song pick four years ago today: George Frideric Handel - Every Valley Shall Be Exalted

My song pick five years ago today: Kohei Tanaka - Kline's Dream


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade