2023 "Weird Al' Yankovic - Grapefruit Diet

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UpdgSup8L._SY300_.jpg
From: Running with Scissors; Year: 1999; Genre: Comedy/Swing Jazz
It's day three of my "Weird Al" changed this song for me theme week.
For those unaware, this one is a parody of The Cherry Poppin' Daddies' retro swing jazz hit "Zoot Suit Riot," which can be found here on YouTube. I actually like the original version, but due to my dad playing "Weird Al's" version so much, I can't help but think of his parody lyrics every time I hear it.
As with a great deal of his parodies, this one has to do with gastronomic subject matter; specifically an overweight man having to go on a diet to lose weight. Since listening to a lot of his music lately, one thing has struck me, I never realized how much "Weird Al" can manipulate his voice to sound like so many different singers.

Hear Grapefruit Diet on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Soundgarden - I Awake

My song pick two years ago today: Dream Theater - The Big Medley

My song pick three years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude

My song pick four years ago today: Johnny Mandel - Suicide is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H)

My song pick five years ago today: Rush - Vital Signs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn