2005 Hawkwind - Angela Android

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gYil9ZhHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Take Me to Your Leader; Year: 2005; Genre: Space Rock/Progressive Rock
Today is my 2005th song picked and I felt like listening to something odd from Hawkwind as well. Lo and behold to my luck they actually released an album in 2005, so I could stick with my theme of picking songs released the year that coincides with my song pick number.
Anyway, I had a couple in mind off of this album to pick, but I couldn't find a video with the song on YouTube, but eventually I found one!
This one, like with most of their work in the genre of space rock, is more than a bit off the wall. To put it bluntly it is about the melding of man and machine, if you get the drift. Even with the somewhat vulgar subject matter of a man's relationship his love android they actually pull it off quite well in about as classy of a way that you can get. For the most part it is more or less a straight-ahead song musically until about halfway through it starts getting quite a bit more interesting.

Hear the studio version of Angela Android in a fan video on YouTube. There is a bit of nudity in the video, so NSFW.



My song pick a year ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Manic Depression

My song pick two years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Through the Eyes of the King

My song pick three years ago today: Nora Bayes - The Japanese Sandman

My song pick four years ago today: Queen - We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions

My song pick five years ago today: The Little River Band - Reminiscing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade