2032 Billy Joel - Piano Man

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/5e/f6/331553a09da029db9ed75110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Piano Man; Year: 2973; Genre: Rock
Bringing February to a close with today's song pick; I'm really looking forward to March and the warmer weather that usually comes with it.
Anyway, the other night whilst cleaning up one of my co-workers was playing some music; this was obviously one of the songs that was played.
For as long as I can remember I've been a big fan of Billy Joel and his music, which is mostly due to both of my parents liking his music and playing it whilst I was young. Personally I've always loved the touch of melancholy, angst, and anger that he puts into his music. This one, which is one of his hallmark songs, oozes with those emotions; it was written about his time he spent as a lounge piano player trying to make a living while he fought to get out of a bad record contract. He paints a vivid picture of the bar scene and of some of its patrons that he met.

Watch the music video to Piano Man on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pallas - Heart Attack

My song pick two years ago today: Chet Atkins - Windy and Warm

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

My song pick four years ago today: Dire Straits - Industrial Disease

My song pick five years ago today: Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride




And since they won't get revisited this year, my picks on the two leap years:

My leap year pick on 2.29.12: Cheech & Chong - Cheborneck

My leap year pick on 2.29.08: ABBA - The Visitors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn