2225 Pat Benatar - Invincible

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EC3YD6AdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Seven the Hard Way; Year: 1985; Genre: Rock
This song has been literally running through my mind off and on for about two weeks now; as I usually do I am making it my pick.
I grew up with Pat Benatar's music, and I can say even though some of her songs are over 30 years old, most have aged incredibly well; including this track. Her powerful voice that is potent in any range only adds to the empowering aspects of this song; that and the straight-forward thundering guitar, bass, and drums are what makes this song as good as it is.
From what I understand this was the theme song to a film called The Legend of Billy Jean; I've never seen or heard of it before, I might have to check it out for the soundtrack alone.

Watch the music video clip on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

My song pick two years ago today: Freddy Taylor and His Swing Men from Harlem - Blue Drag

My song pick three years ago today: Hans Zimmer - Fighting 17th

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - I Put a Spell on You

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Hallelujah

My song pick six years ago today: Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Spirits in the Night


Comments

  1. I remember when this song and that film came out. They were actively selling the movie on the fact that this song was in it.

    If you're trying to sell a film on a song, that's a surefire sign the movie sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true; it's a very good song. A lot of people remember and will continue on remembering it; as far as the film... yeah....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade