1859 Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iG8bTQnCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Fear of a Blank Planet; Year: 2007; Genre: Progressive Rock/Progressive Metal
This morning whilst letting my iPod play on shuffle I had a song that caught my attention come on in the rotation. Since in the last little bit I have been accumulating songs from various bands in similar genres I wasn't too sure who it was, so I took a look at at and found out it was Porcupine Tree. That started me into listening to more of their music this morning and I thought I should choose one of their songs for my pick today.
I almost picked the entire concept from their most recent album The Incident, but I really didn't have the time available today to cover such an epic composition; instead I decided on this one off of their '07 Fear of a Blank Planet album, which is one of my favourites from the record. It is just under 18 minutes in overal length and is broken up into three sections: 1. Anesthetize, 2. The Pills I'm Taking, and 3. What Happens Now?.
As with any good prog/rock tune, this one really takes you all over the musical spectrum from light and airy to heavy to even psychedelic. Another thing of note concerning this song is that Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson is featured on this track.

Hear Anesthetize on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Freddy Taylor and His Swing Men from Harlem - Blue Drag

My song pick two years ago today: Hans Zimmer - Fighting 17th

My song pick three years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - I Put a Spell on You

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Hallelujah

My song pick five years ago today: Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Spirits in the Night

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I thank you for stopping by, but if you keep on adding irrelevant, spam links inside your comment I will have no choice but to censor it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade