2234 The Kinks - This Time Tomorrow

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41V4FMK6AAL._SX300_.jpg
From: Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One; Year: 1970; Genre: Rock
As I've said before, The Kinks are my favourite of the British Invasion groups followed closely by The Who. Although since they were banned in the U.S. from touring it was kind of hard for them to "invade." However, Lola Versus Powerman... happened to mark the end of the ban and reinvigorated their career with the monster hits on the album and the ability to tour in America.
From front to back, like many others in their catalogue, this record has incredible music not just commercially, but all around. This has become one of my favourites from the album; I like the mix of folkish rock with their harder hitting delivery and of course Ray Davies excellent lyrics.

Hear This Time Tomorrow on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge

My song pick two years ago today: Heart - How Deep It Goes

My song pick three years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again

My song pick four years ago today: Amon Amarth feat. Lars Göran Petrov - Guardians of Asgard

My song pick five years ago today: Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - 17


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade