2413 Jethro Tull - Look Into the Sun

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61TVQYOhvML._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Stand Up; Year: 1969; Genre: Progressive Rock
For some reason I had this track on my mind this morning and as I usually do I thought I should pick it.
While it's definitely not the strongest track on the album, it serves as a nice acoustical "cool down" song to bring the record's A-Side to a close or to mark a CD's midpoint. It is interesting though, with this song in particular, you can still hear a lot of their blues band feel remaining, but also the progressive art rock coming to the forefront as well.
Quite an interesting hidden gem to say the least.

Hear Look Into the Sun on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Free Wheelin'

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Limbo

My song pick three years ago today: Stevie Wonder - Superstition

My song pick four years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze

My song pick five years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Fire On High

My song pick six years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - It's The Sun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade