1673 Rush - Limbo

1673 Rush - Limbo
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4d/ff/c034828fd7a01d484db54110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Test for Echo, Year: 1996
Genre: Progressive Rock

The other day Max chose his first song from Rush's Test for Echo album and I believe that I have yet to choose one from that album as well, so I thought I would follow suit.
While I'm a huge Rush fan, I've never really cared too much for this album, not that there is anything wrong with it per se. It's just never quite 'clicked' with me like most of their other offerings; this is the same for most of their albums of the '90s, although this album in particular marks my personal low point.
Anyway, this instrumental is one of a couple of gems for me off the album. And being that it is an instrumental it's a vehicle for each of the three members of the band to showcase their skills. I really like the addition of the samples from Bobby "Boris" Pickett's Monster Mash; it really shows how much fun they were having while recording.

Hear Limbo on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song circa '97 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stevie Wonder - Superstition

My song pick two years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze

My song pick three years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Fire On High

My song pick four years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - It's The Sun

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade