2426 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Jerusalem

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CLvOaPUVL._SY300_.jpg
From: Brain Salad Surgery; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
For the last month or so I've been listening to EL&P's Brain Salad Surgery album a lot. This is the first song on the album and is based on the early 19th century poem by Robert Blake And Did Those Feet in Ancient Time, which was later adapted to music and titled Jerusalem by Sir Hubert Parry in 1916.
Anyway, this was their modern take on the hymn, which is quite a nice piece; I love the keyboard synth in this one!

Hear Jerusalem on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Marillion - Kayleigh

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1062 - Concerto in C-Minor For Two Harpsichords

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Feuerräder

My song pick four year ago today: Igor Stravinsky - Rite of Spring - Sacrificial Dance

My song pick five years ago today: KISS - Detroit Rock City

My song pick six years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 645 - Wachet auf ruft uns die Stimme


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn