771 ( Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd - Samba Triste )

771 ( Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd - Samba Triste )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Stan_Getz_Charlie_Byrd-Jazz_Samba_%28album_cover%29.jpg

The last little bit I have been listening to a lot of Bossa Nova Jazz, of course this included quite a bit of Stan Getz's work; Bossa Nova Jazz attracted many West Coast (Cool Jazz) players like Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd. I noticed that I had not added any of this master musician's work to my list yet, so today I will. I normally like to listen to Be-Bop and/or Hard Bop Jazz, which are two of my favourite forms, but it is nice every now and then to immerse yourself in other Jazz forms as well.
For those not know about it, Bossa Nova Jazz is a smoother, mellower type of Jazz, which contrasted with Hard Bop Jazz during the time of its greatest popularity: the late 50s through the 60s. It is also know as Brazilian Jazz, because of its origin.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: #399 The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
My song pick two years ago today: #31 April Wine - Roller

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn